Femtosmile is the latest technology in vision correction to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. The procedure is totally ‘flap-less’, and involves a tiny incision being made in the cornea. The surgeon then removes a precise amount of tissue through this incision. Because there are no moving parts, the healing time for SMILE is even quicker than with conventional LASIK. There is much less incidence of dry eye and night vision disturbance, and the procedure is suitable for even those patients with very high prescriptions, drier eyes and thinner corneas. This technology provides a broader spectrum of vision errors that can be corrected at higher safety margins.
Advantages of Femtosmile:
– Preserving the cornea
– Preserving corneal nerves
– Possibility of treating higher degrees of vision errors
– No pain during or after the procedure
– A candidate can resume daily life the second day after Femtosmile
– Less chance of eye dryness after the procedure